Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 8

This week, we only met up on Thursday due to fall break, and we went to the Community Foundation in Lancaster, and talked to one of the employees there. I learned a lot about what the organization is about, and ways that I can give back to the community as well. I never knew they existed until they were mentioned in class a few weeks ago, but I feel that since I do now, I may connect with them if I ever decide to do my own community project, since I've really been wanting to start a campus Girl Scouts because I've been a member all throughout high school and some of elementary school. I could collaborate with them on projects that we could potentially do.

Our group also was inspired to keep trying with our project, even if it looks like it might not work out. We will learn from the mistakes and make a project plan to be used for other schools who want to donate food from their dining halls to needy organizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment